Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slow down the aging process:

I had a fascinating discovery. I was trying different poses given in a nature cure book one by one on a daily basis. The effect of ‘Viparitakarani’ (inverted action pose) for a minute was fantastic. I could feel the blood rushing to my face and head. The blood circulation improved



When I went for the morning walk which includes a steep climb to measure my blood vessel capacity I was astonished to find my lung capacity increased by about 15 to 20% by this single pose. I repeated the pose for a week. Now I can climb the hill and still breathe normally without discomfort. While on pose the blood comes down to the chest area and head and the pressure opens the blood vessels and make them flexible. This looks an easy and risk free method to clean even blocks



This pose increases the blood circulation to brain and hence should slow down the aging process of our brains, the depletion of brain cells and memory loss for those like me who find Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose) and Shirshasana (Topsy-turvy pose) too difficult to practice. This is a safer and simpler version. A little help from anybody make the pose easier.



VIPARITAKARANI (Inverted action pose)

Lie flat on your back with your feet together and arms by your side. Press your palms down, raising your legs to a perpendicular position without bending the knees. Your palms should touch the waist. Then straighten your legs. The trunk should not make a right angle with the ground but simply an upward slanting position. The chest should not press against the chin but be kept a little away. To return to the ground, bring your legs down slowly evenly balancing your weight.

No comments: