GOOD HABITS
A few years before retirement I started thinking of post retirement life. My planning took an year. I decided to have an active life of 20 years after retirement. That meant I had to live at least up to eighty. How to? How will I be at 80? How can I find out?
I had to look at people above 80 to find out how I would look like. It was easy. None of them was fat and none of them smoked. They were more active than a lot of above 60s. After 25 years of smoking I had to stop. Went to Government Naturopathy Hospital at Varkala and reduced 10 kgs within 15 days to have a reasonable chance of living beyond 80.
That could not be the end. I went through books and health magazines. I started to eat fruits and vegetables. Sleep had to be sufficient. I started to go to bed at 10. A 4 km walk in the mornings became a part of my lifestyle. Slowly a few meters of jogging was added. Tread Mill taught me my limits. Climbing two steps at a time became a habit. My experience taught me to eat only what is required. Eating beyond my requirements converts into fat and get deposited around my waist. My efforts are still on for reduction of my waist.
Enhancing functional capacity can only achieve a healthy lifestyle to enjoy a long life in better health.
I had to look at people above 80 to find out how I would look like. It was easy. None of them was fat and none of them smoked. They were more active than a lot of above 60s. After 25 years of smoking I had to stop. Went to Government Naturopathy Hospital at Varkala and reduced 10 kgs within 15 days to have a reasonable chance of living beyond 80.
That could not be the end. I went through books and health magazines. I started to eat fruits and vegetables. Sleep had to be sufficient. I started to go to bed at 10. A 4 km walk in the mornings became a part of my lifestyle. Slowly a few meters of jogging was added. Tread Mill taught me my limits. Climbing two steps at a time became a habit. My experience taught me to eat only what is required. Eating beyond my requirements converts into fat and get deposited around my waist. My efforts are still on for reduction of my waist.
Enhancing functional capacity can only achieve a healthy lifestyle to enjoy a long life in better health.
No comments:
Post a Comment