Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oxygen, Key to wellbeing

Depression due to lack of oxygen intake?

Depressed moods are common. How to get rid of it? There seems to be no apparent reason for the lack of enthusiasm and self esteem or the depression.

The state of wellbeing comes from the oxygen content in my cells. To increase the oxygen I have to ask my lungs to increase the intake. For that more air has to be pumped into the lungs. How to do it? Increase my body movements mainly the calf muscles . To put it in the best way is ‘exercise’. The more I exercise, the more air is pumped into my lungs and the blood can absorb more oxygen for the cells. Doing some exercise regularly can help people with depression by improving their mental health. It is reported that the feel good brain chemicals such as endorphins are released during exercise.

When my feelings are down I get out and do something physical.

No comments: