GATEWAY TO THE BEAUTIFUL HEARTS
The beauty of life lies in relationships. It comes from understanding each other. This means they are what they are. Can I change them to my liking? That is were I failed miserably. I thought I knew how everybody should behave. I went after everybody to change them or in my own words, 'to educate them'.
But nobody changed. They still remain what they are. In the process I became miserable. Everybody started avoiding me. In reality what I did was declaring everybody wrong. That hurt their ego. They defended and stood by what they did. Some went a step further and used ‘attack as the best defense’.
I realized nobody changes. They are what they are. Then what? I tried to comprehend. I had to find some areas of mutual respect. That was difficult after the ‘Kurushetra’. But I had no other alternative. I was looked at with suspicion. But I persisted. Tried to find out why they behaved like that. I did not know their background, experience and the rules their life taught them. May be had I been through their life, I would have behaved exactly the way they did. That changed everything. I found the gateway to the beautiful hearts of others
No comments:
Post a Comment