Friday, December 28, 2007

HAPPINESS IS HERE

WHERE IS HAPPINESS ?

WHERE ARE WE LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS?


It is here………..just read on.


If the ultimate physical or material happiness is zero (read the article below) the mental or spiritual happiness is boundless. The law of diminishing utility doesn’t apply here at all. If I do something good for a person the happiness remains with me for ever. If I go on doing good to others, the happiness doesn’t decrease like the physical or material happiness.

So what do I get from life? From the material world what I get is zero. I can get to whatever position I want, economic, social or political. But the happiness level will remain zero. Through out my life I was trying for this kind of happiness which ultimately ended in a big zero.

Another interesting thing in life is habits and addictions. They keep me tied up so that I cannot escape. Addiction keeps up the demand and hence gives happiness or in another sense relief. But this can determine the path I take. Even if I am sure of the end, I am unable to save myself . Good habits are like oiling our vehicle. My life runs smooth with good habits. In other words


Life becomes tension free,
a pre-requisite for a happy life-style.


My happiness depends on my spiritual health, the cleanliness of my mind and the good I do for others. This is exactly what God declared to the Jews, the Ten Commandments. He summed up into two rules. First means hope and the second means doing good to others. The Indian philosophy is one step ahead. Thy neighbours include the earth and all its creatures. My happiness depends on my beliefs and what I do for others.

No comments: