WHAT SHOULD I DO
IN EXCHANGE FOR HAPPINESS
IN EXCHANGE FOR HAPPINESS
Last week I had been to a Tea estate on the Nilgiri hills. The climate was wonderful. The bungalow was royal. Views were breath taking. Meandering roads look like pythons in the carpet green tea gardens. Green hills in every direction. The place is a heaven on earth. I felt like never wanting to go out of this place. No body can forego such a wonderful place.
I told the estate manager how lucky he is to be living in this wonderful place. He slowly opened his eyes and told me plainly, “For people like you who come for a few days, this place is a paradise. After a few weeks you will get bored. There are no proper schools here and hence my children are in the boarding. To meet somebody I have to go to the managers club about 40 km. away. My wife and I look at each other and wait for the time to pass by. We are happy today because you are here. Any visitor to this place makes our life cheerful.”
For those who don’t have anything, happiness is everywhere. But for those who have everything, happiness is a rare visitor.
I told the estate manager how lucky he is to be living in this wonderful place. He slowly opened his eyes and told me plainly, “For people like you who come for a few days, this place is a paradise. After a few weeks you will get bored. There are no proper schools here and hence my children are in the boarding. To meet somebody I have to go to the managers club about 40 km. away. My wife and I look at each other and wait for the time to pass by. We are happy today because you are here. Any visitor to this place makes our life cheerful.”
For those who don’t have anything, happiness is everywhere. But for those who have everything, happiness is a rare visitor.
No comments:
Post a Comment