Wednesday, March 19, 2008

RELATIONSHIPS

THE DNA OF HAPPINESS
I have often wondered why do some people behave the way they do. Putting myself into others’ shoes doesn’t give me the answer. I try to visualize what I would have done had I been in his place. That is the best I can go. But that is not the reality. He is a different person, entirely different from me. So I have to speculate. For that I have to understand the other person with his background. In short the entire input into his brain and the basis of his nature. That is difficult. How can I get into his mind, the most complicated part. How can I understand then?

Our educational system frames the questions and teaches us the answers. So when I get the answer it is final and I move on. The same habit is reflected in my social thinking as well. I look for an answer for everything. I automatically stop thinking as soon as I come across the first possibility and treat it as final. Of course I vehemently protect my knowledge by arguing with him or with anyone and everyone. My ego justifies my answer and even refuses to accept any diversion. The real life is however very different from what is taught in schools. There is usually more than one answer. Some answers are much better than others. My first answer need not be the best one. If I can look for a better answer for others’ behaviour from themselves I create relationships, the DNA structure of human happiness

No comments: